COVID-19 Exposure Prevention Policy
KT Supply LLC (hereinafter "Company") takes the health and safety of our employees very seriously. With the spread of the coronavirus or "COVID-19," a respiratory disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, the Company must remain vigilant in mitigating the outbreak. The Company is a proud part of the construction industry, which many have deemed "essential" during this Declared National Emergency. In order to be safe and maintain operations, we have developed this COVID-19 Exposure Prevention, Preparedness, and Response Plan to be implemented, to the extent feasible and appropriate, throughout the Company and at all of our jobsites. The Company has also identified a team of employees to monitor the related guidance that U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention ("CDC") and Occupational Safety and Health Administration ("OSHA") continue to make available.
Responsibilities of Managers and Supervisors
All managers and supervisors must be familiar with this Plan and be ready to answer questions from employees. Managers and supervisors must set a good example by following this Plan at all times. This involves practicing good personal hygiene and jobsite safety practices to prevent the spread of the virus. Managers and supervisors must encourage this same behavior from all employees.
Responsibilities of Employees
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap and running water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Follow appropriate respiratory etiquette, which includes covering for coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
If employee develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or shortness of breath, NO WORK and employee must call supervisor and healthcare provider right away.
Job Site Cleaning and Disinfecting
The Company has instituted regular housekeeping practices, which include cleaning and disinfecting frequently used tools and equipment, and other elements of the work environment.
- Jobsite trailers and break/lunchroom areas will be cleaned at least once per day. Employees performing cleaning will be issued proper personal protective equipment ("PPE"), such as nitrile, latex, or vinyl gloves and gowns, as recommended by the CDC
- Any trash collected from the jobsite must be changed frequently by someone wearing nitrile, latex, or vinyl gloves.
- Any portable jobsite toilets should be cleaned by the leasing company at least twice per week and disinfected on the inside. KT Supply will ensure that hand 7 sanitizer dispensers are always filled. Frequently touched items (i.e. door pulls and toilet seats) will be disinfected frequently.
- Vehicles and equipment/tools should be cleaned at least once per day and before change in operator or rider.